Nilma Primary is a small rural school situated 3.5 km east of Warragul. The school was originally established in 1885. Enrolments have been slightly increased over the past few years, with current enrolment for 2020 at 79 students. The staff teaching team for 2020 comprises of a Principal, 4 Home Group Teachers , Chaplain, Specialists Teachers, 6 ES Staff and a Business Manager.
At Nilma Primary School we provide a positive, stimulating and harmonious learning environment in a rural setting. We seek to develop students’ educational, social and emotional competencies to the highest possible level, which prepares students to become lifelong learners and valued members of society. We therefore strive to provide our students with the necessary building blocks for both academic success and social and emotional wellbeing.
Students have rich learning opportunities that extend their capacity to learn independently and interdependently. A flexible approach to teaching and learning, including the use of multi-ageing, ensures that learning experiences with clear learning goals and rich interactive environment, facilitating learning within and beyond the school.
We believe that the most powerful way of preparing our students for a successful life is to work in partnership with our school community. We therefore encourage parents to take an active part school life.
Cooperation and teamwork are paramount at this school and we have high but realistic expectations of everyone. Each individual is treated with trust, respect and honesty. A passionate and professional attitude is valued and expected in all activities in this school.
Nilma Primary School is dedicated to being a school in which:
- Every student reaches an acceptable level of literacy and numeracy.
- There is a challenging curriculum with motivated and resilient students who are equipped to be life- long learners.
- There is a positive and co-operative environment in which teaching and learning are highly valued by the school community and success celebrated.
- Students and teachers embrace new technology.
- Students strive for excellence.
- Students take on responsibilities and accept leadership roles.
- All members of its diverse community are valued.
- There is a harmonious and welcoming relationship and partnership with the community.